The potential risks and dangers of vaping cannot be ignored. It is quite evident in the case of Robert, a seemingly healthy Florida teenager. He was suddenly unable to breathe and was hospitalized with lung failure. His doctors suspect vaping was the cause.
A lot of parents must pay attention to this case. There are a lot of cases reported for the usage of vaping devices among teens According to the United States Surgeon General; E-cigarette use among youth is an epidemic. The story of Robert, a 17-year-old from Florida, is a warning for other teens.
What happened to Robert?
The story of Robert is very shocking. It was an unnerving scene, the body of a teen spasming in a coughing fit on a ventilator just to breathe. It just progressively got worse extremely fast. Seventeen-year-old Robert was taken to the children's hospital in Florida with the blockage in his lungs.
He woke up just throwing up everywhere. His heart was just pounding on his chest going 100 miles an hour. Doctors believe it was all because of vaping. According to doctors, he is a very sick otherwise healthy-looking child and they don't see a previously healthy 17 years old that sick that quickly.
Before that, Robert’s family sat by his side day after day not knowing what was wrong as he lay in a medically induced coma. They were baffled at first and had no idea what was going on. His parents then learned Robert had been vaping without their knowledge since the eighth grade. It was shocking to know as many as three to four vape pods a week.
You don't want your child to have to go through what they went through to get up to the point that he came to.
Is it the first case?
Robert’s case as a teenager was not the first i.e. hospitalizing after vaping use. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has identified 153 cases of severe lung illness associated with e-cigarette use across 16 states.
The CDC continues to investigate and has not identified a particular device or liquid association with those cases. For Robert, he's now hoping to warn other teens. He says that it's a big deal. It’s not something to go for it.
Robert survived after being in a medically induced coma for ten days. His doctor thinks that the chemicals caused his lungs to inflame so much they could no longer exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide.
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, 37% of 12th graders say that they have vaped. 17% of eighth-graders say that they've done it.
The good point here is at least Robert says that his friends after seeing what he went through immediately stopped vaping. It’s just the illusion that it's safe. It's important for parents and for kids to take some lessons from him and imagine what can also happen to them.
As a parent, if you are also looking for some easiest way for addiction rehabilitation, you can visit here:
You can also know addiction rehabilitation secrets from here:
You can also read the following books to learn the skill of getting rid of addiction:-
In the end, let’s see this amazing video to save us from Alcohol use disorder.